Terms & Conditions
Most of our products are listed when ready to ship. This means after processing, which usually takes 1-2 days, your order will be out the door and on your way within 2-3 business days, excluding holidays.
If you place a custom order with us, before we finalize and process your order, we’ll have informed you of our current turn around time as it can vary depending on how many custom orders we get at a given time. Once we start working on your custom order, your yarn should be ready to ship within 5 business days, to allow us time to dye and dry the yarn thoroughly before shipping.
Oftentimes, orders process faster than that but we can’t guarantee a faster processing time.
Ready to Ship vs. Dyed-to-order
Please check a listing carefully to understand if a yarn is ready to ship or if it is dyed to order. Dyed-to-order yarns can take up to 5 business days after processing to be created for you.
The yarn you receive might vary slightly from the product picture due to the nature and the process of hand dyeing yarn. It can be more of an art than science sometimes.
Care for your yarn / finished project by:
* Washing in cool water, preferably by hand. While most of our yarn is superwash, washing in a machine can cause your finished project to stretch out of shape. If using the washer, we recommend you use a garment bag to contain your project / yarn and set your machine on a gentle cycle. To be extra careful you might want to remove the garment bag (with your project / yarn inside!) before the spin cycle.
* Using gentle / mild soap or detergents meant for delicate garments or wool. (Here at FMTY, we recommend & use Eucalan, but in a pinch Dawn dish detergent, the original version, will work well!)
* Laying it flat to dry and letting it dry completely.
* Keeping it away from direct sun when not in use as this can fade some colors.
Your yarn / finished project can be damaged if:
* Washed in temperatures higher than 30°C/86°F
* Stretched, twisted, wrung or agitated too much while washing.
* Scoring agents (like bleach) or harsh detergents are used when washing
* Put in the dryer when still wet
* Left out in the sun for prolonged periods of time.
* It is not allowed to dry completely before being put away
Due to the nature of yarn dyeing your yarn might pool, speckle or stripe.
Please use our swatch guide to have a better idea of how your yarn will knit / crochet up.
These swatches are only meant to give you an idea of how the colors will behave. We can’t guarantee your finished project will look exactly the same as every yarn will be it’s own piece of art, and things like gauge and size of your project will alter how the colors pool and distribute throughout the finished object.
We love a challenge! If you have a colorway you’re dying to have,
Please contact us for a quote.
Custom orders can have a lengthier processing time.
Ask us for details.
Our company ships through the following carriers:
We happily support and love our international customers.
We ship all International products through USPS
From Me To Yarn is not responsible for duty or brokerage fees for international shipping.
These charges come from your country during importation of your package, and are the responsibility of the customer.
Shipping Cost calculations
We do our best to apply fair shipping costs to each order.
* Shipping costs are calculated automatically during checkout.
* We offer free shipping for orders over $90 NATIONALLY & $120 INTERNATIONALLY
We do not offer express shipping.
All orders will be processes within 1-2 days from being received and shipped on the next available business day, some exceptions might apply but we will notify you on any delays or changes to this policy prior to processing if necessary.
Returns & Exchanges
Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since you’ve received your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
Custom orders are exempt from being returned unless the product arrives defective.
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted:
* Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error.
* Any item that is returned more than 30 days after delivery
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
Late or missing refunds
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at email@example.com
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can arrange shipping.
To return your product, you should contact us at email@example.com to get the return address.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
If you are shipping an item worth over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item